* Note that a full comparison chart is available at the end.
Soccer Platform Market -- How it’s Structured.
How does your soccer group, team, or club manage group activities? We’ve found out that creating a group website, organizing a Meetup or Facebook group, or using a team sports tool are some popular answers to the question. And, this informed us how this market is consisted of different types of solutions.
- Social media type: Social media services like Facebook have group organizing features for any generic type of groups.
- Group management platform: Services such as Meetup or GroupMe provide a service just for people who are looking to manage their group in an online space. Unlike social media, most users here are part of or looking to join a community of their interest.
- Team sports management service: TeamSnap or SportsEngine offer administrative features for the people who organize and manage team sports.
- Soccer specific platform: ENDALGO is a leading platform that offers specific group management features and content directly tailored to soccer.
Soccer specific platforms can be a derivative of sports management services, but we separated it into a different category for the value proposition is also different.
Who’s it for and What’s the Value?
We are going to skip detailed values of social media or group management services for it can be obvious, but rather be more specific in the sports platforms or services. We will still make key comparisons in areas that need to be highlighted.
- For social media and group management platforms, the audience is basically anyone. This is great in terms of having a large pool of people in one place, but it’s also difficult to be able to provide the right features or content demanded by those diverse groups of people.
- Team sport management service, or furthermore soccer community platforms like ENDALGO targets only the team sports or soccer audience (i.e. players, coaches, managers, parents of youth players, administrators, etc.); the group and community features focused on sports groups are the value the users receive.
Additionally, ENDALGO brings values to not just the people in a soccer group, but also to the people who want to be part of a community or even just browse and search for something soccer related. We will present more details to this advantage below.
Channel for Communication and Information Sharing
Having different channels and methods to communicate and share information within each service is important. Depending on the solution, each type of service has different options to communicate with others:
- Social media mostly has a messaging/chatting tool or the ability to put up a posting for members to view and comment on.
- Team sports management solutions have group messaging systems, but unfortunately not all of them are stacked with a properly working mobile app.
- Among all types of services, ENDALGO is really the only one that allows messaging (both 1:1 and group chat), discussion boards for information sharing and furthermore having those channels be directly linked to the main home screen of their group on the mobile app (which also leads to real time notifications).
Recruitment and Growing your Group with the Fitting People
Recruiting new people to your group is unique to ENDALGO; it’s the only platform that allows the group organizers to post information about their group and how they are looking to join. For example, if an adult soccer team is looking for a new goalie, the team would be able to post on this recruitment with the team information and details of the recruiting position. Individuals who are looking for new groups or teams to join through ENDALGO can see this post and contact directly with the organizer. Why this is so powerful in ENDALGO is that not only the groups or teams are posting soccer related information, but the individuals are all solely the people that already have an interest in joining a community or active players that are looking for more opportunities.
Pricing varies among different services and also it depends on how active your group is or how large your group is; the pricing stated on the document is the most basic pricing of each service. Please refer to the document for the dollar amount of each service. ENDALGO is currently offering all group management services for free. We believe in building a relationship with the soccer community; by this offer and building trust with the soccer community with a must-have service, we are confident that further opportunities will follow.